Bush Kids (9 weeks)
31/01/2024 - 27/03/2024
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Join us weekly in term 1, 2024 for our Bush Kindy Kids program (9 sessions) at Gresswell Forest Wildlife Reserve situated on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people. Located in Melbourne’s north-east suburb of Bundoora.
Our Bush Kids Forest School program incorporates hands on learning, adventurous and risky play, bush walks discovering local flora and fauna.
Some of the activities that will be included in our Bush Kids Forest School program are:
- Rope knots, cordage and construction
- How to safety use tools (hammers, saws and drills ) and construct things out of wood
- Whittling with wood
- Bush walk learning about the local fauna and flora
- Snake awareness and bush safety
- Nature connection games
- Ecological storytelling
- Creating, crafting, making art with natural materials
Our Gresswell Forest Bush Kids program is facilitated by Kirsty, a qualified teacher and playgroup facilitator.
Forest School is an all weather outdoor program and will only be cancelled in the event of an extreme weather warning; fire, storm, high temperatures and strong wind.
Ages: 3.5 – 6 years (siblings under 18 months are welcome to attend for free).
*Parents are required to stay and are responsible for their children at all times.