- 22/10/2018 - 26/10/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
We are thrilled to announce that the Forest School Learning Initiative (UK) are coming to Melbourne in October to offer the Level 3 Forest School Leader Training to Victorians. Set in the stunning bushland at Currawong Bush park in Doncaster east, participants will not only receive outstanding training but a bush experience like no other.
The Forest School Leader training level 3 qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills to set up and run a Bush Kindergarten or Forest School.
Improve your confidence and ability to work outside with children, align your school or centre’s ethos with that of Forest Learning and Nature Play. Receive up-to-date advice on health and safety, and how to empower children to manage risk….and much more!
* Early Childhood and Primary Teachers
* Educators with a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma, or equivalent experience
In order to gain the Level 3 qualification, requirements include:
1. Attendance at this 5 day course
2. 50 hours of additional study, set and marked, to support your implementation of your Forest School program
3. A site visit and lesson observation
The 5-day training consists of the teaching and learning of:
* The ethos and practice of a forest school program and the links to educational theorists, the EYLF, National Quality Standards, My Time, Our Place, the Australian National Curriculum and the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
* Children’s holistic development and how the approach links to self-esteem, resilience and emotional intelligence
* Risk management and health and safety policy and practice, including outdoor first aid scenarios
* Children’s brain development, learning styles, schemas and behavioural management at Forest School
* Observations and analysis of Forest School sessions with children
* The environmental impact and management of the Forest School site
* How to plan and evaluate Forest School sessions
* How to complete a ‘Forest School Handbook’ for your service
* An introduction to flora and fauna in Victoria and how to share the knowledge with children
* Common knots, lashing and building self-supporting structures and shelters
* Safe tool use, policy, practice and maintenance and woodcraft activities
* Fire lighting, management and safety cooking on a fire
* A ‘Walk on Country’ lead by an Aboriginal Elder
* And much more…
Cost: $2225 per person to include Open College Network West Midlands registration.
Payment via direct deposit ONLY.
Training will be delivered by Christina Dee, Forest School Learning (FLSI). FSLI was established by two exceptionally experienced Forest School Leaders, in response to the need to extend Forest School provision.
View more info online: http://www.forestschoollearning.co.uk/fsli-australia/victoria-31-may-level-1-training-22-26-oct-level-3-training/
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a course application pack.