We all need to become guardians of the land and there are many ways that you can help look after the planet.
This nature based learning program has been developed by a team of primary school teachers, early childhood editors and forest school leaders to teach you all about our environment and how to care for the land.
You will receive:
- A16 page PDF program that includes an earth mindfulness medication and scavenger hunt activity, links to aboriginal perspectives, a story told about how to care for the earth, an earth song, four craft activities (includes recycled craft) a damper on a stick recipe and learning about our natural environment.
- 5 printable worksheets
- Five videos: a song, story, craft, bush learning and meditation
- Links to resources and further learning
In this nature play learning resource, we cover the following topics:
- Sustainability – recycling and reducing our waste
- Traditional custodians of the land – learning about our first people and how to say an acknowledgement
- Using our senses to connect with the land
- How can you create a sense of belonging to land?
- Nature craft and recyclable art activities that link to the stories and learning materials
- Mindfulness scavenger hunt and meditation for kids
We have made this nature play educational program multi-aged so families can use it together and there are activities suitable for both younger children, as well as older ones. Use at home with your children or as part of a remote learning package for your school or centre.
Ages: 2 – 8 years