Are you ready to head outdoors into nature? Want to encourage your kids to spend more time outside or perhaps take your home learning or kindergarten outdoors? We’ve created a bundle of hand-painted Australian themed nature scavenger hunts that you can keep on hand to use anytime you need ideas, inspiration and resources to help connect children to nature.
Regardless of where you are or what ages your children are, the thrill and excitement of an outdoor scavenger hunt never ceases to amaze and the possibilities for learning are endless.
These resources are unique because they have been specifically been hand illustrated by artist Kate Rijs and designed with Australian fora and fauna. Each scavenger hunt has been beautifully hand-painted so not only is it a stunning resource to use in your learning environment (both home and classroom), it can also be used as inspiration for nature journaling, sketching and painting.
Included in this pack of 5 printables are;
- Sensory Scavenger hunt – focusing on the senses and 16 textures to find. A great activity to tune into nature using your senses and to learn the language to describe textures.
- Bug hunt – find 10 common bugs and insects in your backyard. A Bug ID chart and prompts for further learning.
- Leaf shape hunt – Focusing on shape recognition, see how many of the 7 different types of leaves you can find? A
- Colour scavenger hunt – a watercolour painted colour wheel to take outside on your nature walks. Great for learning colours and matching.
- Patterns in nature hunt – have you ever noticed all the different patterns in nature?